Sep 2016 - Work in progress
During my fellowship at the Berkman Klein Center, in addition to having continued as Co-chair of the W3C Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group, I did an in-depth study of the relationship between government identification systems in Brazil, personal identity, and the Internet. During this work, I had several insights on the public politics of personal data collection, and I intend to continue researching amidst it.
Also, I am developing Speculative Design studies, whose goal is to find similarities between Urban Patterns (based on Christopher Alexander's work) and the flow of information on the Internet. Thus, I intend to deliver a framework to serve as a tool to the co-design of digital cities. This work aims to become a book.
Finally, in my last year, I started researching Data Sovereignty, seeking to describe what would be an infrastructure for data sovereignty in developing countries.I co-organized the Workshop Algorithms, Law and Society: Building Rights for a Digital Era, where I presented a talk on my work with Interfaces for Algorithms and Public Consultation.
- I am curious and unquiet. My ideal workplace is anywhere I can find problems and solve them, better if it is with a creative team around me. I am eager to learn new technology and acquire new skills, especially if it is open source and community delivered.
- Web architecture
- Autocad, ArcGIS
- Linux, Git, Debian
- Open source software
- Strong background in Design and User Experience
- Experience with Agile Development
- Web Prototype tools
Jan 2006 - Ago 2007
Fundação Getúlio Vargas - FGV Brasília - Brazil
Feb 2001 - Dec 2005
Federal University of Brasilia – UnB Brasília - Brazil
May 2013 - Jul 2016
Project Leader/Web Specialist
- Co-organize the Webbr Conference and other Workshops and events
- Lead partnership with Ministers and other Governmental bodies.
- Connect the Brazilian Open-Source Community with W3C Brazil's projects.
- Collaborate in the development of the Web Master class at the Governance School of NIC.br
As a co-chair of the Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group, I led a multinational and multidisciplinary group through the W3C consensus process. Also, at the W3C Brazil Office, I participated in the Web Payments task force, besides coordinating projects involving the use of linked data.
May 2012 - May 2013
Developer Relations/Project Leader
- Provide advice about the process of public consultation for the NetMundial documents.
- Collaborate in the National Recognition Program for accessibility of W3C Brazil Office.
- Oversee documents and digital artifacts of the the projects delivered.
- Conduct the Webs Got Talent Prize for entrepreneurship using the Web.
I spent one year at the W3C Brazil Office as developer relations. This experience got me through leading hackathons, developing the open source community in Brazil and participating in several Conferences and Events. In this position I also wrote papers for academic Conferences.
Dec 2012 - May 2012
United Nations - Youth National Secretariat of the Presidency of the Republic of Brazil
- Deliver talks and presentations for the Governmental bodies involved with Youth agenda.
- Give insights on data and interfaces for civic action in meetings with Governmental bodies.
- Deliver the specifications of the Observatory for the Youth of the UN in partnership with Brazil's presidency
My work was to develop a proposal for Public participation, using the Internet as a medium, for the young citizen, directly connected to the Presidency Secretariat. I managed to deliver a plan for the implementation of a network of young activists, so they could list their demands directly into the platform and get a rapid response.
The "Participatório" won the "A Rede" award for public policies in 2014.
Out 2010 - Out 2011
United Nations - Secretariat for Legislative Affairs of the Ministry of Justice
- Develop guidelines for the 1st version of the participatory tool of Secretariat for Legislative Affairs, the “Projeto Pensando o Direito”.
- Write, implement and design reports and guides to the evolution of interfaces to civil participation.
- Develop several public consultation for the Bills proposed by the Secretariat
Working with direct democracy, I developed platforms and principles for public consultancy in law making processes. In this position, I also delivered the beta version of the public participation platform of the Ministry of Justice.
Out 2010 - Out 2011
United Nations - Secretariat of Digital Culture at the Ministry of Culture
- In this position I worked as designer and developer in the Cervo Project, that aimed to decentralize and distribute public multimedia content using XMPP protocol.
- Present at the International Symposium of Public Policies for Digital Collections.
- Implement of the Public Consultation for The Bill of the Brazilian Civil Rights Framework for the Internet and for The Copyright Law reform.
- Coordinate the team that delivered the platform and the cooperative communication for TEIA 2010 Conference.
May 2009 - Jan 2010
Technical Team Lead
- Scrum manager of the developers team.
- Creative director for all the sites and animations delivered by the team.
- Implement Wordpress Websites for special news.
- Coordinate the research and development of the Reporter Brasil system of distribution(a news diary distributed on TV). This resulted in a paper.
Second time responsible for the multimedia design, datavis and actionscript development of the winner history of the biggest prize for human rights and Journalism in Brazil, the Vladimir Herzog Award (in 2009).
Aug 2008 - May 2009
Multimedia Project Manager
- Experiment new media for journalism and data visualization.
- Create special projects for multimedia journalism on TV, radio and especially for the Web.
- Interface design, usability checking and information architecture for websites and multimedia journalism.
- Create Data Visualization and storytelling with governamental data.
- Research new strategies for interaction between citizen and journalism.
- Constitute and lead a team to implement agile methods in software development inside journalism environments.
First time responsible for the multimedia design, datavis and development for the winner history of the Internet Journalism Prize for human rights, the Vladimir Herzog award in 2008. Also in this role I designed about one infographic a day, what gaves me experience with storyteling and datavis.
Set 2007 - Apr 2008
Radiobrás - Agência Brasil
Datavis designer and Developer
- Work with datavis design and development for interactive data visualization.
- Design the user experience and more than five multimedia storytelling indicated to national prizes on online journalism.
As Datavis designer and developer, the team managed to deliver new ways of interaction with information. We did hipervideo and tutorial, newsgames and experimented citizen journalism. The Agência Brasil was a reference for infographics and the team was composed by one programmer for backend and me, as datavis and frontend programmer.
Set 2006 - Apr 2007
UX/UI Designer and Developer
- Implement and develop citizen Journalism tools for the websites.
- Work as UX/UI designer for the new website of the agency
- Develop Infographics and Datavis concepts.
- Design and code the FrontEnd for the Infographics area for the new online news agency.